Prepare for your Gold Medal Moment with the Podium Prep training plan! Over the course of 4 weeks, we’ll challenge you with personalized swimming and dryland workouts designed to improve your speed, power and endurance.
Podium Prep Training Plan Overview
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Workouts: 3 swims/week, 2 optional dryland/week
- Average Workout: 2,000 yards or meters (<60 min), 20-30 min. dryland workouts
- Goal: Improve speed and power in all 4 strokes and prepare for competition.
Who’s it for?
This plan is designed for a swimmer who regularly swims two or more times per week and is ready to prepare for a specific event or challenge.
How does it work?
Complete 3 swim workouts and 2 optional dryland workouts per week for 4 weeks. Each swim workout is less than 60 minutes. Challenge yourself with an IM-focused test set each week, followed by a short taper.
To get started with this Training Plan, find the Training Plan section in the Swim tab. Select it to see overview, then select Start Plan to get going! As long as you're in the plan, you can find it at the top of the Swim tab.
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the 4 Week Podium Prep Training Plan and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro!