Setting Up Garmin Sync
Garmin Sync is the best way to automatically log workouts logged with your Garmin watch to MySwimPro. After setting it up, all workouts logged with your Garmin watch will appear in MySwimPro!
To set it up:
- Make sure you have bluetooth enabled on your phone and the garmin watch
- In the MySwimPro app, go to Settings > Devices & Integrations
- Toggle Garmin Sync
- A web page will appear and prompt you to authorize MySwimPro to read your Garmin workout information. Sign in to your Garmin account and tap Allow.
- Reopen the MySwimPro app if not automatically directed. The next time you swim with your Garmin device and sync with Garmin Connect, your swims should log to the MySwimPro app. You'll be able to see your Garmin swims in the MySwimPro feed.
Setting up the Garmin Connect IQ App
To get started:
- Install the MySwimPro app on your Garmin watch from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- In the MySwimPro app, head to Settings >Devices & Integrations > + Garmin Connect IQ Device
- A pop-up will prompt you to choose the Garmin device you'd like to connect. Select the device and choose "Pair".
- Reopen the MySwimPro app watch app if it is not already open.
- You're all set! Follow instructions here to use the app.
Tracking An Unguided Workout With Garmin Sync
If you’d like to swim without the worry of running a guided workout on the app, then Garmin Sync is for you.
First be sure that you have successful set up Garmin Sync in your MySwimPro app setting.
Once Garmin Sync is enabled:
1. Find the Garmin Pool Swim widget on your Garmin device
2. Choose your Preferred Pool Distance
3. Swim your workout
4. Save activity
Once your watch has re synced with your phone, your workout will automatically be transferred to your Feed in MySwimPro. From there, you can view your workout data!
Loading a Guided Workout
To load a workout onto your watch:
- Open the MySwimPro app on your watch
- Select Load Workout. The watch will prompt you to open a workout on your phone
- In the MySwimPro phone app, open the workout you'd like to load onto your Garmin watch
- The workout will appear on your watch (if it does not appear, try pressing the back button and selecting Load Workout again) Once the workout has loaded onto your watch, you can exit out of the workout on your phone.
- Select Start. There will be a short countdown and then the watch will start running through the workout.
- Your watch will guide you set-by-set and record your analytics as you swim. To pause or skip to the next rep, just click the menu button to open the menu. This may vary depending on the Garmin model you own.
- After you finish the workout, there will be an option to Save or Discard the workout. Select save to automatically log the workout to the MySwimPro app.
- Open the app on your phone to see your performance!
Navigating A Guided Workout
During a guided workout on your Garmin Watch the watch displays the current set info, the current and total time for the set, and the current and total repetitions.
You can access the workout menu by pressing any button. From the menu, you can:
- Pause - workout is paused while in the menu
- Resume - resumes the workout and tracking
- Next Rep - end current rep and begins the next rep or set in the workout
- Prev Pre - goes back and restarts the most recent rep or set
- End Workout - Ends the current workout with the option to save or discard
Need support? Send us a message at email@example.com