USRPT stands for “Ultra Short Race Pace Training”. The premise for this training methodology is that race-specific high intensity swimming will allow you to swim faster than any other training method. The overall goal is to simulate a racing situation in a workout to be better prepared for an actual race.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
4 Week USRPT Plan Overview
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Workouts: 12
- Average Workout: 1,300 meters = 30 minutes
- Goal: Best time in 50/100 (any stroke)
Who’s it for?
This plan is designed for a swimmer who is looking to improve their 50 or 100 time by following a high intensity training program that applies scientific principles of Ultra Short Race Pace Training.
How does it work?
Complete 3 workouts per week for 4 weeks. Each workout session will last about 30 minutes. This program will push your body to achieve race pace performance in every workout. USRPT is designed to teach your body how to swim fast with perfect technique repeated over short distances.
The goal of most sets will be to achieve a 1:1 Work-to-Rest ratio. This workout plan can be performed in any stroke style with the end goal of decreasing time in a 50 or 100 distance race. Equipment (fins and paddles) are recommended for the third workout of each week.
To get started with this Training Plan, find the Training Plan section in the Swim tab. Select it to see overview, then select Start Plan to get going! As long as you're in the plan, you can find it at the top of the Swim tab.
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the 4 Week USRPT Training Plan and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro!