The IMX Pro Challenge is designed for swimmers looking to take their training to the next level with a healthy injection of stroke work. The phrase IM Xtreme comes from the competitive swimming world signifying a focus on being a well rounded swimmer by training and competing in the Individual Medley (IM) events.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
IMX Pro Challenge Plan Overview
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Workouts: 40
- Average Workout: 2,200 meters = 55 minutes
- Goal: Train/Race in a 400 IM
Who’s it for?
You swim a few times per week, are capable of swimming all four competitive strokes and ready to take on a bigger challenge. After 10 weeks, you’ll be able to swim a fast 400 IM!
How does it work?
Complete 4 workouts per week for 10 weeks. Each workout lasts between 45-60 minutes. IMX is short for “Individual Medley Xtreme” – a program designed to gauge your IM fitness level. Every other week, you’ll test your skills with an IMX challenge workout!
To get started with this Training Plan, find the Training Plan section in the Swim tab. Select it to see overview, then select Start Plan to get going! As long as you're in the plan, you can find it at the top of the Swim tab.
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the Get Fit IM training plan and elevate your swim training with MySwimPro!