You can log any type of swim in your MySwimPro account!
If you don’t feel like doing one of our workouts, that’s fine! You can always log your own custom swims, whether they’re in practice or competition. The more you log into the app, the more it acts as your go-to hub to track your progress, see your stats, and to share your workouts with friends.
Use Quick Log to Log a Simple Workout
Sometimes you just want to log how far you swam and don’t have the time to put in the sets you did. For that, we have Quick Log!
- Tap the big blue “+” button in the tab bar and select Quick Log.
- Tap the distance field at the top of the screen and enter how far you swam. You can toggle the units in the “Unit” field just below it.
- Optionally edit the duration or date of the swim, and mark if it was open water.
- Tap Log Workout at the bottom of the screen.
- The logged workout will appear in your Feed and update your Profile stats. It will also save to any linked services, like Apple Health or Strava.
How to Create Custom Workouts:
- Tap the big blue “+” button in the tab bar and select Create Workout
- Create the Workout-
- Edit the name of the workout
- Adjust your pool length
- Add and name a Set Group
- Add a set within the Set Group
- Choose the distance, reps and stroke for your set
- Adjust interval times so they’re accurate to your speed and ability
- Add notes to your set
- Hit 'Save'
- Add new sets and set groups and repeat!
- Click 'Done'
Log or Save your Workout– you can either load it to a compatible smart watch, save it to your library, or log the workout without a smartwatch.
- Load your workout to a compatible smartwatch:
Load a workout onto your Apple Watch
Loading a Workout onto your Fitbit
Loading a Workout onto your Garmin Device
- Add to library- If you are not yet ready to log your workout, you can tap ' Add to Library" to save your workout for later!
- Log your workout without a smartwatch- you can either print it out, bring your phone to the pool, or complete the workout from memory:
- Print the workout: Tap the share icon > tap ‘Open PDF’ > either take a screenshot or tap the share icon again to print the PDF version of the workout. If you can’t print straight from your phone, you can always email the workout PDF to yourself, then open the PDF on a different device that you can print from.
- Bring your phone to the pool: We recommend buying a waterproof smartphone case, or placing your phone in a plastic bag so you can keep your phone close to the edge of the pool without it getting wet. In between swim sets, you’ll want to be able to check your phone to be guided through the workout
- Complete it by memory: If you can remember the different swim sets, training zones and interval times off the top of your head, then great!
- Log your workout – After you’ve completed your workout, log it in your MySwimPro app to see your stats and track your progress!
- Open your custom workout and tap ‘Log Activity’
- Add a photo, edit the details, and add a note to remember how your workout went
- Tap the share icon to share your progress on social media, just add #MySwimPro!
- Tap ‘Save’ to log the workout and share in your MySwimPro feed
Log An Unguided Custom Swim With a Wearable
With Garmin and Apple Watch devices, it’s easy to just tap START and swim!
With a Garmin device:
Make sure you have Garmin Sync enabled in MySwimPro, then use the default Garmin swimming functionality when you swim. MySwimPro will do its best to automatically detect sets, and will log stroke counts, SWOLF, and more! For guided workouts on Garmin, check out our Connect IQ app!
With an Apple Watch:
Use the MySwimPro Apple Watch app and select Pool Swim or Open Water swim, depending on if you are swimming in a pool or open body of water. Be sure to use Drill Mode when kicking or doing drills!
When you’re done, end and save the workout – the logged workout will appear in your Feed and update your Profile stats. It will also save to any linked services, like Apple Health or Strava. To learn more about our Apple Watch app, check out our blog: How To Use The MySwimPro Apple Watch App!