If you have an Apple Watch you know: If you didn’t track your swim, it feels like it doesn’t count!
Tracking An Open Water Swim
Open Water tracking is most accurate when location services are enabled for MySwimPro. There are two places to check that these permission are enabled:
- In the MySwimPro app, head to Profile > Settings > Devices & Integrations, and make sure Open Water Location services is turned on. If the switch is greyed out, you'll have to check for location services settings in your iPhone's Settings app.
- Open the iPhone Settings app, find MySwimPro, and check that Location Services access is set to While Using.
To Start an Open Water Swim
- Tap Open Water on the main menu of your Apple Watch.
- Check your location accuracy and wait for it to switch to "best"
- Tap Start Workout and Swim!
- After you finish the workout, disable the water lock and swipe left to reveal the menu and hit end. there will be an option to Save or Discard the workout. Select save to automatically log the workout to the MySwimPro app. The experience will be similar to Pool Swim mode, but a map will be added to your workout.
Review Your Analytics
After your swim, check out your analytics in the MySwimPro iPhone app. Tap on your workout in your Feed.
You’ll see a map of your route, and can swipe to the left to view a graph of your heart rate, including your minimum, maximum and average heart rate for your swim. You’ll also see your total distance, duration and calories burned.
Share Your Swim on Social Media
Show off your hard work! Tap on your recently completed workout in your feed. Tap the arrow in the top right corner of the screen to customize your shareable graphic! Scroll to adjust the text color, background, size and more. When you’re done, tap Share.